Housing Allowance - BAH Rates 2014



Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)



The U.S. Military Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate is a local housing allowance prescribed by geographic duty location, pay grade, and dependency status.  Military BAH rates provide service members housing compensation based on the local housing market within the continental United States when government housing is not provided or required.


Military BAH Rates 2014


Military basic allowance for housing rates change every calendar year and are based on rank/pay grade and geographic assignment location.  The military BAH rate calculator is used to input the rank/grade and zip code or city to find the authorized basic housing allowance.


Check 2014 Military BAH Rate Information 



BAH Rate Calculator


The BAH rate calculator provides the local military basic housing allowance by assignment location.  Rates vary by zip code, military installation, or the local city where a Service member is assigned.  Browse all BAH rates using the Department of Defense Travel office Official BAH Rate Calculator to find out the basic housing allowance for every military installation and city within the Continental United States.





DoD BAH Rate Changes



Basic housing allowance rates are updated annually according to a DoD survey of local rental and housing rates conducted by the Department of Defense.  BAH rate protection is provided for service members residing in a location where the rate is reduced because of housing market conditions; generally if the BAH rate declines at a location where the service member has been PCS'd their rate will not be reduced until the military member moves to a new duty assignment.


DoD Installations & Housing Locations


TDY Lodging has temporary lodging for government and military personnel near every major military installation and major city nationwide.  Browse all of our featured US Military Bases to find hotels, furnished apartments, and houses available at your next assignment location.


Permissive TDY & Dislocation Allowance (DLA)


If being transferred on PCS orders, military personnel should receive up to 10 days of Permissive TDY for "House Hunting" to find suitable housing or an apartment upon arrival at the new duty station.  This is known as DLA (Dislocation Allowance) or TLA (Temporary Lodging Allowance) for an overseas assignment in Europe, Germany, or Hawaii.


Overseas Housing Allowance


In addition to receiving TLA for housing upon arrival at an overseas duty assignment, Service members stationed outside the continental U.S., including U.S. territories and possessions, are eligible for an Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) when not residing in government quarters on base.