Government Travel Information



Government Travel Information



Browse all of our featured government travel locations nationwide and overseas.  Since 2001, TDY Lodging has provided government travelers with 100+ featured government travel destinations.  Browse all of our featured Government Lodging options whether traveling on DoD, Department of State, or Department of Energy travel orders.


Government Lodging


TDY Lodging options for government travelers include GSA per diem rate hotels, furnished apartments, and corporate housing options at every major government travel location under the GSA travel schedule.


Government Travel by POV


Military and civilian government employees, if you choose to drive keep in mind the following:

  • If you are on TDY orders, government reimbursement may be limited to the cost of airfare.
  • If you are on a longer TDY or PCS move, you are usually entitled to shipment of several hundred pounds of "hold baggage." You can pack and move your "hold baggage" yourself in your POV and/or small trailer.

Government Travel by Air

Most travel by Air should be made directly through your Personnel Management Office. Often they will reserve your Air travel.


The Government Travel Card Program


Government travelers and military members on official government travel are authorized to obtain a Government Travel Card.  Because government lodging rates can be as high as $2,000-$4,000 per month, a government employee may request a Government Travel Card for authorized travel expenses in place of a personal credit card while on official travel, although some government travelers choose to use a personal credit card while to “rack up” airline miles or rewards points during travel.


Government & DoD Travel Resources


Official Government websites for government travel information: